Open Development Cambodia (ODC) and the Cambodia ICT Camp Advisory Committee are pleased to announce that the “Cambodia ICT Camp 2022” will be held from 23rd to 25th June 2022 in Siem Reap province, Cambodia.
The Cambodia ICT Camp 2022 will be a three-day boarding-style event centered around open data, digital security, and data journalism. This event will consist of a series of interactive workshops and hands-on activities led by professional experts in the fields of data, media and communication, journalism, and technology. Participants in the event will consist of Cambodian nationals coming from diverse – but interrelated – fields, namely media and journalism, civil society organizations, digital rights working groups, the private sector, university lecturers, and students.
The main topics covered in the Camp will be:
- Open Data
- Open Data: an introduction
- Open source technology and toolkits
- Data catalog
- How to build communities of data users and promote Open Data literacy
- How to manage datasets, locate data and ensure data quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Data science 101
- Open data policy
- Open government
- Data for development (showcase)
- Using data science to improve public services
- Open data on Environmental impact assessments
- Introduction to Kobo toolbox
- Digital Security
- Smartphone: Data Privacy and Protection
- Secured messaging applications
- Introduction to various cybersecurity and digital privacy toolkits
- Cybersecurity: Legal Framework
- ICT Infrastructure and Cyber Security
- Cyber Norms Operationalization in Cambodia/ASEAN
- Data-Centric Digital Rights: Beyond Human Rights in the Digital Realm
- Data protection
- Data privacy
- Smartphone security
- Safe space for online activism
- Open source everything: switching-software
- Social media security
- Introduction to the National Internet Gateway
- Data Journalism
- Journalism and data journalism: what are the differences?
- Impact of data journalism on quality journalism
- Data finding
- Data storytelling
- Simplifying data: data humanizing
- Human interview
- Integrating data into story writing
- Fact-checking tools for journalists
- Mobile journalism
- Digital rights reporting
- Environmental reporting
- Election reporting
The Cambodia ICT Camp 2022 is grounded on the success of the previous edition of the Cambodia ICT Camp in 2018, as well as the Mekong ICT Camp 2017, both hosted in Siem Reap province.
We are pleased to call you to submit your proposal to be a speaker at the Cambodia ICT Camp 2022 provided that your experience is very relevant to the topics addressed. We believe that your expertise and understanding of the current digital trends, and their effect on your area of work, can contribute to insightful and engaging discussions in connection with human rights, digital literacy, and safe and quality journalism. Abstracts should not exceed 250 words and might cover a diversity of issues as long as they are related to open data, digital security, and data-driven journalism.
If you are interested in becoming a speaker, please register and submit your abstract at https://cambodiaict.net/register/speakers/
Deadline of submission: 25th April 2022, at 23:59.
Please be informed that the organizers will cover all your expenses regarding transportation, meals, and accommodation throughout the event.
We hope that you consider this opportunity as we are looking forward to having you at the Camp!
If you have any questions or would like to receive further information, please contact us at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: cambodiaict.net
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CambodiaICTCamp/