Open Development Cambodia (ODC) and its partner, together with the Cambodia ICT Camp Advisory Committee would like to call for volunteers to assist in the “Cambodia ICT Camp 2022”, which will be organized from 23rd to 25th June 2022 at Siem Reap province, Cambodia.
The Cambodia ICT Camp 2022 will be a three-day boarding-style event centered around open data, digital security, and data journalism. This event will consist of a series of interactive workshops and hands-on activities led by professional experts in the fields of data, media and communication, journalism, and technology. Participants in the event will consist of Cambodian nationals coming from diverse – but interrelated – fields, namely media and journalism, civil society organizations, digital rights working groups, the private sector, university lecturers, and students. To facilitate the event, ODC would like to call for volunteers with the details as follow:
- Facilitate and coordinate with speakers and participants of the Cambodia ICT Camp 2022
- Facilitate the logistical arrangement before and during the Camp
- Assist speakers during the break-out sessions
- Interpret between Khmer and English language for some break-out sessions
- Draft the blog posts and write minutes of the topics shared by the speakers
- Coordinate with the participants during the traveling days
- Together with the ODC team, facilitate the outing day
- Other tasks as assigned
- Be a university student, independent media, CSOs, and community worker, in Cambodia
- Have a strong interest in using data and ICT tools to solve problems
- Be able to attend meetings before the event
- Be committed to fulfilling the assigned tasks by the team
- Be able to attend the capacity-building program provided by ODC
- Have a personal computer
- Be able to attend the full event (including traveling days).
- Receive a Certificate of Acknowledgement from the organizer
- Fully supported during the event (accommodation, meal, transportation, etc.)
- Have a chance to interact and build networks with people from various background
- Gain experience working with technology organizations and event or camp management
- Networking opportunities
- Meet expertise in areas of open data, digital security, journalism, and other fields.
Click this link to apply: https://cambodiaict.net/register/volunteers/
Deadline of registration: 25th April 2022, at 23:59.
The Camp will arrange the round trip transportation, food, and accommodation free of charge for you during the camp. There will be a bus arranged by the camp to transport participants from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap on 22nd June 2022, and vice versa on26th June 2022. Please note that organizers will not be responsible for your related costs before and after the Camp.
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact us at: